Seven More Things to Do in Okinawa, JapanIn a previous post, we highlighted the Top 10 Things to Do in Okinawa and covered a wide range of fun activities including snorkeling, scuba diving, beaches, castles, aquariums and visiting other islands. So be sure to read that post if you haven't already.
But what we found out after listing the top 10, was there are still so many more fun things to do in Okinawa. So here are 7 more things to do in Okinawa to keep anyone happy and busy having fun!
1. Visit Ie Island - Take a trip off the island of Okinawa and enjoy a ferry ride to Ie island located just off the coast of the Motobu peninsula. Ferry rides leave and return throughout the day to a nearby port, and are not very expensive. Activities on Ie include climbing the small mountain in the center of the island, touring the island on mopeds, relaxing at the beach, camping, staying at a resort, visiting WWII memorials, and much more.
|Ferris Wheel in American Village Shopping Area|
3. Round One Sports and Arcade Center - If you are looking for entertainment, Round One is the place for you. It offers an incredible number of different activities ranging from sports to arcade games, chair massages to roller skating.This is a good article that gives more information about the location, and price for round one.
4. Okinawa Pottery Village - Take a tour of the factory and learn how lumps of clay turn into beautiful jars, pots and much more. Located north of Kadena Air Base, it is a unique cultural experience worth exploring.
5. Okinawa Outlet Mall Ashibinaa - if you are looking for serious shopping, this is the place. With typical American outlet stores like Adidas, Levi, and many more, you can enjoy a day browsing and shopping. The Ashibinaa Outlet Mall is located south of the Naha Airport. Get directions and a full list of stores at their official website.
|Japan Travel Guide|
7. - Visit the Okinawa Children's Zoo - Truly an impressive zoo tucked away on Okinawa near Kadena Gate 2. It offers plenty of the typical zoo animals like zebra, monkeys, hippos, snakes, birds and tigers as well as several other great attractions for kids like the discovery museum, and a large pond. Admission prices are reasonable, and with its location in the middle of Okinawa, it is a convenient afternoon adventure. Get directions and further information at OkinawaHai.
Well, those are seven more things to do in Okinawa. So get out there are start enjoying and exploring this amazing island.
Still looking for more ideas? Visit our Beach Reviews Page or our Things to Do in Okinawa Page to find more information about Okinawa!